1. Practical teaching hours including observation, supervised teaching and verification of teaching competency.
2. Show evidence of holding a current cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) award. For further information on CPR requirements please click here.
3. Teacher Declaration (completed on-line with theory exam).
4. Submit photo for AUSTSWIM Teacher Licence™.
5. Submit a current Working with Children Check (WWCC). For more information about your states WWCC information click here
On successful completion of all course requirements candidates will receive the AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety™ accreditation and as a result be issued the AUSTSWIM Teacher Licence. This licence is valid for 3 years at which point the AUSTSWIM Teacher™ must renew their accreditation (click here for more information).
Candidates will also be issued a Statement of Attainment for the following Units of Competency from the Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package:
SISCCRO302A Apply legal and ethical instructional skills
SISCAQU308A Instruct water familiarisation, buoyancy and mobility skills
SISCAQU309A Instruct clients in water safety and survival skills
SISCAQU310A Instruct swimming strokes
SISCAQU202A Perform basic water rescues
New Requirements from January 2015
All students enrolling into this AUSTSWIM training course from January 2015 and where a Statement of Attainment is issued MUST provide AUSTSWIM their Unique Student Identifier (USI).
A (USI) is a reference number that gives you access to a USI account which is linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection.
How do I create my USI?
Go to the following web site via your computer, tablet or smart phone
What do I do with my USI?
- Forward your USI confirmation email to your AUSTSWIM Course Provider
- Include in this email your FIRST NAME, LAST NAME and DATE OF BIRTH as indicated in your ID.
What happens if you don’t provide AUSTSWIM your USI?
This will delay AUSTSWIM with issuing your certificate.
Working with Children Check
As of July 1 2016 all candidates, aqua instructors and teachers are required to submit a working with children check (WWCC) when renewing their AUSTSWIM Licence.
More information about your states WWCC information click here